Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Another great Halloween

Well Halloween has come and gone another year. It went well. I decided to stay home this year and wondered why I had never thought of that before?? Mitch and I have always taken the kids together but I decided this time to say back. Well, let me tell you I had 2 FULL hours to myself in my house....not in walmart..not in a restaurant....not in the thrift stores......MY HOUSE, no kids!!! It was wonderful! I don't think that has happened in like.....oh 11 years??? So it was nice. I was sad to miss out on watching the kids have so much fun which I love to do, but MItch had a buddy ask if they wanted to go together with their kids and I thought that would be fun for Mitch. I also have to admit I had the cutest little pumpkin ever...she just looked so sweet.. Halle was a fairy. Halle... for anyone who knows her, knows she is my "special" child. She is soo funny and soo full of it sometimes and she marches to the beat of her own drummer. She is so cute when she wants to be all girly and pretty and just be pretty in pink. Now whats funny about it is that Halle is not girly, she unfortunately inherited my non feminine traits....only difference is she actually wants to be feminine... except when the boy who sits next to her moves over on the reading rug and tells her she stinks because she farted and then she laughs when telling me this story and says she always farts on the reading rug and they always tell her she stinks....Sigh...only Halle. Anyway, we took these pictures before heading out trick or treating...This picture captures my kids personalities to a T...Expecially Halle this is why I had to post them....We call her the orphan, you will soon see why. But she loved being pretty and that's all that matters, and of course we told her how wonderful she looked. The wig looked much better when I put it on, she is all about comfort and does not make the sacrifice for fashion, so she adjusted it to her liking and well..it just made all the more Halleish....







This picture is typical Halle....She is so awesome. W are going to have fun her when she is older and we pull out the old pictures!!



This one is even better....That is sooooooo Halle..I LOVE it!! She is a cracker jack, you will need to click on it to enlarge it to get the full effect of her face expression.
And this is the cutest pumpkin ever as you can see....
Oh the memories we create everyday...I too dressed up...we went to a party after and I was the only one dressed up...And I was all dressed to the max....I may or may not ever post a picture of that!!
SO another great year, the kids just keep getting older. Colton may have just had his last trick or treating..I told him he can have one more year if he wants it. Him and Bailey went off with their friends this year so our brood was down to 3....I think my kids growing and getting older is wonderful in sooo many ways, but I am also having a hard time holding on to their innocence and wanting to be with me at all times...Colton had broken away and is off running around with friends now..We are no longer cool, and I spend my weekends listening to how boring our house is and there is just NOTHING for him to do.....Well I am really good at finding him things to do, he has n0t learned not to ask yet......But I get teary sometimes when I watch them and know that my baby days are over..... But I love the wonderful kids they are becoming. Colton who has always been my sweet wonderful little boy is changing. Sometimes not so much for the better, but I realise he is still a great kid and has lots of love in that little body of his, and he is turning into a teenager which was bound to happen sooner or later with the innocence of their childhood fading into memories ...He is getting more responsible each day and tries his best to be a good kid. I think Jr. High has been a interesting change for him, I feel like I am throwing a lamb into the lions.....But I know he will be fine. Anyway enough of my gabbing....I will go, for I don't to make this too long, just in case you get bored and don't want read it due to its incredible challenging length...**cough cough stephanie**** Have a good one!!

10 comments:

Heather said...

Cute Halloween photos Banana! How come I never knew you had a special third child too? I swear you could have been describing my girl!

henline crew said...

I didn't need to enlarge the photo to get the full effects of Halle's facial expression. I could see it before I even looked at it. She really is special, especially with her wig. I cannot stress enough about how much I am still laughing as I write about Halle. Oh Halle, she is such a character and life would just be boring without her, its just the facts. It would really just make it all the more special of a picture if she wore that wig while pulling her pants up to her armpits and Bailey in the background yelling at her to pull them down. And really, her farts do stink.

Anonymous said...

ahh isnt that precious. shleby and mac were both pumpkins

Stephanie said...

Oh man... just when I thought was getting a tad long. LOL!!!

Halle Halle Halle. She is going to be embarrassed when she sees those pics later in life but she is going to DIE when she reads that you wrote about her FARTING!! I did almost pee my pants there. I think instead of Jon and Kate plus 8 it should be "Staying Alive with the Fab Ball 5"!!!

The Blandon's said...

Macey is sooooooooooo cute. I love that little pumpkin.
And Halle, oh Halle. LOL

Catherine said...

that picture of halle looks like a picture I have of.........myself. oh dear, she does in many ways remind me of myself. scary. I remember when i was home how she sang Yankee Doodle over and over and over and over and over - taylor still sings it - thanks! i, like dina, didn't need to enlarge the picture to know what she would be doing with her face but it made it all that more amusing to enlarge it!

Catherine said...

btw..i do want to see you dressed up...i am sure that would be fun to be had by all. also, mitch makes a good indiana jones.

henline crew said...

you know, it makes the picture all the more special that Halle is standing like 100 feet away from everyone else. Oh Halle

TinaLaRae said...

The kids look great! Oh and so does Mitch, and where is the pic of you all dressed up??? I just found your blog on Stephs, I'm adding you to my Faves list.

Anonymous said...

Awesome bunch of halloweeners!!! Too cute. And I don't get the thing about Halle. She's a cutey patutey you big mean mum! :P

And the last part about your kids getting older... man I've been THINKING about whats gonna happen when I get to that stage. So weird. You put it so well tho...