Well 2 things to talk about....First I just got back from Mitch's work Christmas party...This year was pretty fun, we had dinner, some entertainment and then dancing...Mitch was the M.C and he did a pretty good job I think. I got out and busted a move tonight, I have not danced in probably 12 years......Last thing I remember doing back in the day is the running man with my best friend Heather, Oh did we ever pump up the jam on the dance floor, We thought we rocked those moves!!! those were good times..... Maybe I embarrassed Mitch, and I feel like its a good thing there was not any way to see my reflection Other wise I would see that I am no longer young and tight....I even pulled out the running man tonight....but I quickly stopped since things were bouncing everywhere.....Things that should not be bouncing...but due to age and babies, it now all bounces a little more then appreciated, I think I hurt something, I may not recover. Oh well, I had fun and that is all that matters.
Also. Mitch got a call last week telling him he has been selected to go to Europe to umpire the worlds...I turned to him and I said.."You got to Europe, I go to Europe"!!! This my friends is my pay back for alll the many days I have spent running around with 100 kids by myself well Mitch was out living his dream.....Well his second dream. I am obviously his first...and the kids too. But his third dream....umpiring baseball..Now not to take away from Mitch he is awesome at it and he loves it and this is such a great thing for him and I am excited for him...But really only if I get to go....Gasp!!! I know, I know, seriously how much more selfish could I get. But let me tell u....This is the moment that I feel like someone is finally saying....Here Jana, here is for all YOUR hard work for the awsome and supportive wife u have been through all these years...Staying home to take care of everything. And I really did, there have been many a summers that I was not sure Mitch was going to make it out alive..Not due to any danger in the Field.....more vibing from the home front.....if you get my drift. I often tell people when they ask how I do it..Well, Mitch really is great when he is home and that makes it sooo much easier. He is always supportive of me and always willing to take the kids so I can have some me time, HE has never blinked a eye about taking the kids... He is great for that. He used to call me when he was on his way home from a game and ask me to keep the kids up and not put them to bed so he could see them..I didn't always oblige, I needed some down time, after all sleep time is mommy down time...something I hold very dear. Anyway, my point is I get to go to Europe..We will be going to about 6 different countries...Rome, Italy, Netherlands...I can't think of the others...But most importantly the Czech Republic. This is where Mitch served his mission. I am sure he will cry when he gets off the plane. I am sooo happy for him, I have always planned on taking him back there one day...Now he gets to for free!!! and I get to for free too....except my plane ticket, I do have to pay for that....And it will be 3 weeks, with no kids....3 weeks!! I like to sound like that's ok but it makes me feel better. I know I will love it for about 2 days but really, we all know being moms how hard it is to leave our children. Its getting easier the older the get and my parents will have them. But 3 weeks is a loooong time and I am sure I will shed a few tears. It hard leaving my kids I will miss them. We left our kids for 2 weeks 5 years ago for the Little League world series Mitch did and that was awful! I loved it but I missed them tons, I would get off the phone and cry, and when it was time to get home the trip would not go fast enough to get there. Not sure what it is but If I am not in control to keep them safe I always worry harm will come to them and I won't be there.....But it's a once in a life time chance and I am taking it, And I will try to enjoy every free moment I can....That's right its pay back time.....Look out people....Jana is on her way!!!
11 comments:
ohmygoodness! I can't even imagine you busting a move let alone the RUNNING MAN?! But I can picture the jiggle, as I too have acquired that.. poor Mitch. "MC's wife takes away his audience with 80's dance moooooves"!!! LOL
As for Europe? YOU SUCK AND ROCK!! I think you deserve it no questions asked sista. And now your kids are bigger and you have more (plus 100 others) so maybe it won't be as hard this time around ;)
j you r hilarious i wish i was there to jiggle with u. if you go to europe send a girl or boy or 2 to come play withme for 3 wks! super fun!!! tell mitchy i'm happy for him!!
Yay!!!!! How exciting for you is that! You will have a blast my sista! I wish I could go with you.
I know, I am so jealous that you are going and sad cuz we arent going to Disneyland anymore. But thats ok, there is always other years. I also love how umpiring went from being Mitch's 2nd love to his 3rd in only one sentence. oh and just so you know if I was there I would be busting a move with you. I miss good times like that.
I am so thrilled for you!!! Seriously - when do you go? and you discribing your dancing - LOL!!! thanks - i needed that visual :)
hahahaha!I love the dancing story!! Thinking back to our fun stake dances days, it occurred to me we did those moves in sunday dresses and heels! The running man was probably our finest work, but do you remember "the Carlton"?!? hahahaha Thanks for the laugh, I wish I was at Mitch's staff party too!!
Yay for Jana!
Jana thats awesome that you get to go to Europe! i'm so excited for you! Europe is so much fun, i just went on a 3 week adventure over there in June, and i went to Prague, and to Rome as well. You'll love it, you'll be so blown away, and then when you watch certain movies you can totally say "ive been there!" i do it all the time, my family is getting annoyed by it now lol.
I'm excited for you to go to Europe Jana! You'll love it. So fun!
You HAVE to go. It's an opportunity of a liftetime... oh yeah... and way to go Mitch!
I couldn't breathe while reading about the running man.
JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment