Saturday, October 25, 2008

Ok..I finally did it!

Ok..I finally got my pictures from Mitch, so now I can blog about what I wanted to blog about for some time now. Those of you who know me, know that I sometimes neglect worrying about such things as decorating or fancy things or any such things like that. Well this last summer I needed to buy new bedding. My old stuff was well..old...and it got ripped hanging on the line. Never mind the fact that it has marker in on it..gum stuck to it...all those wonderful things kids do. Anyway, so this summer I went on the hunt. This time I decide I was not going to buy a bed spread that will appease Mitch..one that would be OK for a boy(that's what I did with the last bed set). So I was not going to let him choose, I was going to just buy what I wanted and if it was pink he was just going to have to deal with the pinkness of it. Secretly I know he would wish I had lilacs all over the room so he could cuddle the blankets and smell the sweet smells..He likes flowers. He likes to pretend he is macho, but he isn't, he is sweet like a lilac...all soft inside, and outside...hehehehhehe..he is cute.
Anyway to get back to the point on hand. I kept my searching, I wanted to kinda be trendy in my choice. Make it look like a real master bedroom, kinda like I am an adult or something, but not to spend too much money because after all...we all know how cheap Mitchy and I are. That's probably why it has taken me 12 years to buy my first comforter set! SOOOO I found one, not one I would choose if I had all the money in the world, but one that was once expensive but now was on clearance and cheap. So I took my trusty sister Dina with me to make sure it was a good one and she agreed. Although she isn't much a trend setter herself so maybe that was not such a good idea??? Sorry Dina, I still love you.
Anyway, I got curtains and bedding and pillows and everything. I was feeling so good about my self that I decided I needed now to go the extra mile and try to decorate the walls now. I was walking through walmart and I found this picture. I thought to myself ...This would go sooooo good in my room, should I buy it??? Well I didn't I didn't want to spend the money. So a few weeks later I was in wally world with a friend, I stopped and asked her what she thought. Now this friend is the queen of awsome houses, her house should be in a magazine..but not really cause she still has 4 kids and it looks lived in and very comfortable, just her decorations are just soooo good. Anyway, she then tells me that I should get it. So I bought it. I took it home eager to hang it up, show Mitch and hear him say..."yayayayayay Jana, I totally love it" But he didn't. He looked at it, then looked at me and said "you are going to hang that above my head"? and I said "yes" Then he says " no you aren't" and I said "yes I am" he then says "no way" and I said "Mitch deep down you know you love it, no one is here you can show your excitement" he knew all along that really he was not going to get his way so he gave up really fast, he just loves me its a weakness of his....He does not seek help for it, I think he secretly likes it when I am just soo darling he can't even stand me. ;)
After that I went to the room to hang it up. I want you all to know how proud I am of myself and my fancy shmancy bedroom decor...And yes, when Mitch got into bed that night he rolled his eyes and said."I can't believe I have to sleep under this monstrosity" So I ask you guys..tell me what you think...I want your opinion on my picture. I know its not much, but for me this is very above and beyond, I wish I was more awesome at decorating....but sadly I cannot be awesome at everything, sorry to let you all down. But it is progress, I am getting there with my new found desire to maybe not have white walls and maybe a new frame or 2...here and there.
I do have to say, making my bed takes a bit more effort everyday now then before but its worth it. Except when Mitch comes home for lunch and takes his food to my room and sits on my made bed with his food.....hmmmmmmm......Well, I have just decided to straighten up after he leaves..after all he has let me keep the picture.. One day I will pass it on to my daughter and she too can hang it above her bed...it can be a new tradition. I can show this picture to my grandchildren and they will hear the story of Grandmas first painting...or "wall decor" Oh what a tale it will be.......


This is Mitchs true face of excitment.....Now you all know the truth.




Here is the bedding and the picture...let me know what you think?? I am going to get 2 little ones to go on each side..once I get around to it....

11 comments:

Stephanie said...

YOUR FIRST PICTURE DIDN'T WORK?!@#%!%&# As if.
But love the bedding and you even have matching curtains.. I still am not that grown up yet I guess. Can't wait to see the couch set!

Stephanie said...

Oh.. I reloaded it and got the first picture. Glad that I took the time to see Mitch at his finest!
How do you keep your hands off of him?!

Heather said...

I like it all! It reminds me of mine...looks like great minds think alike :)

The Blandon's said...

HOT, your room is just soooo HOT! Good job J, I am proud of you!

Catherine said...

oh jana - you make me laugh....is that a silky comforter set??? it looks a little silky to me! - not only are you becoming an adult but you are becoming riskay in your old age - and before you say anything else - i am plugging my ears, humming loudly and telling you i don't want to know, TMI! and ewww he's my brother - i have to read all this lewd comments about you and your hands.

Janas Bananas said...

No its not silky, it does look all shiney in the picture, but its not that shiney.

Brenda said...

I think you are going to have to paint the walls in the attempt to make it work. Maybe you should get a job as a columnist for a decorating magazine -- you tell a story waaay better than you decorate. Then for doing such a great job they will send decorators to your house -- but then that would take away all the opportunity for great material for your column.

henline crew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
henline crew said...

Thanks J, I love you too. But it looks like people agree with me and like it. I do love it but I should cuz I helped pick it out, except the picture but I would have told you to buy it. And really, Mitch does love it, he's just trying to be cool. I know he secretly loves flowers and wishes he could dress in them and roll around in the petals all day.

Tanya said...

i think it looks so great! looks really comfortable as well. love the picture of mitch. ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Really really Nice Choices!!!! ESPECIALLY for sale items! I'm the same, won't spend money on these things, but one day I'll be as grown up as you! lol

The best thing? The man in your room. Nice extra little touch! :D