We just had a 4 day weekend, which was nice. My in laws came and we had a good time. Mitch and his dad got his fishing hut done and I am glad he got to do that, I think he enjoyed the bonding time with him. The kids were wild like always, I have decided there is nothing I can do about it....children are wild....its just their nature...and really if I had kids who sat there and didn't do anything I think they would bore me..So yay for wild kids!! :s
Anyway I will get to the point at hand here. The other day I was on the phone ignoring the obviousness of my children running through my house, I had 3 extra kids that day on top on my kids so it was a bit more crazy then normal. I am still not sure what they were doing but some were outside and some were in the bedroom yelling out the window to outside..In all this noise I was telling them to settle down...Then the fighting started...and then the you aren't playing fair and all that nonsense was going on and the younger kids washing my windows and furniture..and making pools in my bathroom and getting into my cupboards, spilling things on the floor....you know your everyday stuff. To make a long story short it was only prob 11am and I was already ready for it to be bed time. Well Bailey came out of her room on a rampage after Colton, They were fighting and yelling at each other so I grabbed her and told her that was enough and to go to her room. So my wonderful sweet Bailey..stomps off and semi slams her door...not fully but enough to know she was mad. My kids like to try have attitude but they can't quite fully pull it off, (minus Macey, she is great at it)They do just about enough to get their point across but not enough to be "really" in trouble...even though they still get in trouble, they are a funny breed my kids. Anyway when the door shut I heard a crash...I sat there and closed my eyes, took a deep breath and walked into the hallway to see which one of my pictures met their ultimate demise...Well how ironic when I found which one it was....Not the pictures of the kids I have all down the wall......No The one that I have at the end of all their pictures...The one that reminds me after a morning like this one that I still love them.....I was still on the phone at this point and my oldest friend who I was talking to says to me...You should blog about it.....so here I am....blogging, it really was a great idea...until I started blogging about it then I have found myself not sure how to explain it to get the real feeling of the day to make it all makes sense. Anyway I took a picture of the wonderful display I once had hanging on my wall...One of my only not 100 year old framed picture....could be considered "decor" fell and broke.....so here it is.......
Now ignore the wonderful flooring we have...I personally like the fake cobble stone it makes me feel like I am Grettle walking to a ginger bread house...only fake and down the hallway to the bathroom instead. We are only renting right now till we find a house so no mocking is aloud! Now if you look past the floor you will see my broken picture......
I am not sure that at that moment I really felt the true meaning of my blessings....But I tried hard to remember....Taking a moment to realise that once upon a time I had 3 kids and my oldest was 4....I LOVED being a mom, nothing was better, I took those 3 kids everywhere and they were great.......people would ask me what I think about the fighting and I would say...what?? my kids don't fight and them telling me how lucky I was and that one day they will....secretly thinking..my kids are sooo sweet, they will never fight. Insert first foot in mouth right about here(there has been many more since). Once upon a time I had 5 kids.....the oldest 7....Things still good...a lot more busy, not so much loving the hauling them everywhere I go nonsense....and finding that there is many minutes of everyday that keep me busy with 5 different personalities running around my house, but still listening to mom to be nice because she said so and mom is a genus!!!........Not thinking that this mom job is as fun as it used to be....But still loving all that goes with it since they are all still so sweet and well behaved. Now no longer once upon a time but today I have a almost teenager..5 kids the oldest 11 and now that Colton and Bailey are getting to a age where they are noticing their differences and desiring privacy and independence...and there is now 5 full blow grown personalities (in that I mean I have no more toddlers....personalities are in full bloom now) in this house so fighting now occurs in my house. I have now created the "quiet time" which means when there is too much fighting and not enough cooperation we get separated and have to have quiet time staring at the walls. This way they can realise that getting along is much more fun, I also have Incorporated the holding hands and singing a song to each other system..which they hate. And my most successful system is I make them replay out the situation in a manner that is appropriate and kind and should have happened in the first place. When they are done I let them know that they just showed me they are capable of being nice to each other and handling their situations a bit better so I should see more of it in the future...They as well do not like this. You can ask me if it works........ Anyway ....That is life.....and so it goes, even though my easy days of little kids are gone, and my new middle aged family is starting and I am realising all these years I was waiting for them to grow so that things would be easier to do, and I would have more time to get things done, just to find out it gets busier and a different kind "HONESTLY" comes your way. Its all good though. Tomorrow I will post a picture of Maceys first bread she buttered..She wanted to do it herself so I let her....the next thing I hear is ....NA NA NA NA BOOBOO, and I turned around to see her with the biggest smile on her face and holding her toast saying to me "see me do it myself, I a big gurl" And me looking down to see a mountain of butter on her toast...IF I had the camera I would have taken the picture.....These are the moments that make it all worth it....NANANANA BOO...Where did she learn that?????? What a kid!
7 comments:
See? I told you it would make a great blog - but the picture says it all! Ahhhh, just think of all the lonely times we will have at the mall and the spa when they are grown and gone. We will cry and cry..... :)
fewf, I wasn't sure if I would get through all that. But I did, I read it all! Well, except for a bit in the middle I muddled through.
Really though, I love your blogs. You are just you!
How ironic eh! Kids really are the greatest blessings. What would our lives be like without them? It's hard sometimes to always remember that. But they add that perfect spunk into our lives that we all need.
Oh I love to read your blog, you make me laugh and realize that i'm not the only one with rough times. Although yours are different than mine. I wonder which is harder all the time, babies or kids. I am definately feeling the baby stage and can't wait for them to get older when they can respond and do things on their own. Anyways i'm sure every age is hard in it's own way. I laughed so hard when I read you make them hold hands and sing to eachother...that is awesome!! It does feel better to blog about it eh, it's like my own personal venting system! I really don't care who reads it but I do it mostly for me and my sanity...well this is a long comment! cya!
Now you need to frame your broken frame so you can remember what "blessings" you have in your life!
And... I have an idea of where she got the na-nana-boo-boo... but it definitely can't be from one of your 4 other kids!
So I finally got a chance to read your blog since I'm not in the hospital having a baby. You know how you always want me to come visit you?? Reading this blog makes me wish that I did come but really it doesnt. But you have to rememeber that you will experience more joy and exileration as you raise your kids or maybe its when they are older and moved out of the house. but you will feel it. maybe it's the bad times like this that we need so we can feel the joy in the good times. Its ok Jana, you always make me feel better when I'm having a bad day.
oh jana you have enlightened me - my children have been fighting like cats and dogs and I am about ready to donate them to the good will unfortunately for me, there is no child donation bin - i told them today after i read this that I am going to start making them hold hands and sing to each other -so thank you for your grand parenting skills - ps how funny is that that it was that particular picture that fell down - your greatest blessing......today they are my greatest head ache......isn't it ironic..don't ya think?
"Now ignore the wonderful flooring we have...I personally like the fake cobble stone it makes me feel like I am Grettle walking to a ginger bread house...only fake and down the hallway to the bathroom instead. We are only renting right now till we find a house so no mocking is aloud! Now if you look past the floor you will see my broken picture....."
LOL!!!! I've missed you. haha!
And I still remember when my girl first said nananana boo boo. It's so random!
Post a Comment