
Well today was a interesting day..I always find it odd that when you have a potential crisis that ends up well you still feel the sting as if it was the real bad ending...Here is my story.
So today at 5:00 I bid Mitch far well and off to my step class I went, I went in the back to bring all the kids inside and I saw Macey already in the living room so I didn't have to worry about making sure she was inside. I left for my class. Now my class is at the edge of town in a building right off the highway...Now when I say highway I mean the main road where all the truckers come in and drive through town main major highway. Its one of the last buildings before leaving town, You tun off the highway into the driveway of the building. Anyway, I went to my class, had a great class, messed up a few times, had to pee 2wice due to needing and trying to accomplish the jumping jacks....Something any mom of 5 or even 1 should understand....Bad idea, but I am a trooper and I continue to get through it.. You will all be glad to know I made it through without any problems...
Anyway, when the class was over I sat and visited while changing into my street clothes...I walk out to my van and get in, I look up and notice my rear view mirror is all cockeyed, I think ..hmmm was it like that before?? "oh well" I fix it. I get to the highway to turn right and I hear a sound.....I react, then I see a shadow...I look in my mirror and there is Macey with a dirty tear streaked face!!!! I slam on the breaks and she comes over to me all sniffling, my heart is pounding..I get out and stop my friend Deanna to use her cell phone cause all I could think of was what is Mitch doing at home?? wondering where she is??? frantically running everywhere to fine her!!??? I call.....he answers, I say "hey you looking for a little girl"?? and he says "ya" all while I hear the game going in the background..(obviously beside himself). I say "She is with me did you know"? and he says "ya I figured but I was not sure cause Brett told me she got in the van with mom so I was not too worried" So I hang up and get back in the van..panic flowing through me thinking of all the scenarios that could have happened to this little girl..right off the highway!!! Thankfully she was smart enough to stay in the van. All she says to me was "mom I cried, you went inside and didn't come back, you left me" My heart sunk..This poor thing. Then I started to think about Mitch...Seriously I would have phoned or tried to find Mitch to make sure she was with him and not took a 5 years old's word for it!!! goes to show you the difference between a mom and a dad....Sometimes I wish I could be as calm as Mitch about things but sometimes I would like to just bonk him in the head!! What if she wasn't with me and he wasted a hour not finding her and she was gone..But I think he would have felt if there was something wrong, Don't get me wrong...love Mitch, great guy, but sometimes a good bonk would do him good.. he only reacts when a reaction is necessary, where I just panic instantly! OH well, I still feel weird about the whole situation, but she is safe and I now know to always count heads before I leave....or check my trunk for little stow aways!!
8 comments:
Oh man... I can feel your pain and that awful beating of your heart! poor Macey! I can only imagine how she felt when you left and didn't come back :(
Not a good way to end the day!!!
Poor Macey! How scarey for you both! I'm glad it ended happily though :)
MY heart is pounding!! Poor little Macey!! Thank goodness for prayers of safety every morning. And by the way, maybe I'm clueless but what the heck is a 'showdow'??
Oh my gosh! I don't know what I would have done! Oh, poor Macey! I am so glad she is okay!
Oh my Dear Jana. How scary! I am so glad she is smart and safe!
poor girl. i'm so glad she stayed in the car!! i know about the husband staying a little too calm while i am FREAKING OUT. sounds all too fimilar.
I can't believe you didn't crash your van when you saw her in your rear view mirror? I would have screamed and veered off the road it would have freaked me out so bad! Good for you for not being like me.
That makes me sick to the stomach and I think all men could use a bonk on the head every once in a while.
Post a Comment