As a child I often thought I was awesome and knew I was right about everything...a problem I am dealing with a certain almost 12 year old I have in my house....problem is we both know are right and I will continue to prove my point that is always right and his is wrong..But only when he is wrong...I know a good mature mom, that's me!! And I wonder where he gets it from????? Anyway, when I was in grade 9 I was going though my moms old year books with a friend and we were laughing soooo hard at some of the hair doooos. Heather do you remember that Chinese boy with the really high hair??? we peed out pants over that one( I think we peed our pants over many things...remember the porch..Oh man)??! Anyway, my mom said to me...You know girls one day your kids will be sitting on the floor looking at pictures of you and laughing at your hair dooo. Well you can imagine what I thought about that!! I laughed at my mom and said...."oh mom, no they won't cause our hair is in style and looks goooooood"!! Well the day has come.....its my turn to be laughed at...Let me tell you, I am bringing sexy back there is no doubt about that!!! I will take you through the years......
I am pretty sure this is grade 7. It was the first year I didn't have hair like a boys, I decided I was a girl and I was going to grow my hair out....I feel like this is OK...We called this the "bob" cute and suttle....I wish I had my grade 6 pic..But sadly I ripped them up they were soo bad. I took a little curling iron and pulled it out of my bangs and thought I looked so good I didn't even brush out the curl..that my friends was a big mistake....No brushing out of the bangs = a REALLY bad picture with tight bangs and half my hair was slicked back and then the back was a poof ball....Was I embarassed, no because I thought I looked awesome..Again my mom told me to brush it out but I did not take her advice because I knew how amazing I looked, she was obviously just jealous.
This is grade 8 or 9, not sure which one. But either way those bangs are on a mission and they are going to do what they need to so...this one is called the Turkey tail...Not sure who came up with that slang but they were genious!!!We won't talk about the eyebrows......oh Mama Mia!!!

Oh and this one rocks them all!! seriously we call this one "the wave"...you could say they look sooo Serene and relaxing like the waves washing up on the beach shore because that is what they look like...multiple waves washing and swooshing, oh the serenity...but I am pretty sure my bangs didn't swoosh due to not being able to move from the 10 pounds of hair spray..and helllooo where is the diffuser??? come on!!!!! I must have forgot that day.....
This is grade 11 I believe..I call this one the "hmmmmm" it is a little better then the latter photos, still a bit questionable, but I feel like I was trying to tone down the lions mane...although I still feel like I am in a constant fight of toning down the main..my hair likes to eat people, there is nothing I can do about it, it has a mind of its own....Mitch likes it when he wakes up and has my blessed hair in his mouth....it makes his heart sing.....He told me.
This one is right after high school at collage, hmmmmmm......Who goes and get pictures of themselves just for the fun of it???? weird......I call this one "The lumber jack" it was a classic look...... I do however feel o.k with this one since I think I have discovered tweezers at this point so I will give myself a ice cream sandwhich for that one. I guess I will have to tell Mitchy to go buy me one, he will be excited....

Heather is getting a mention in this post since she too was part of the "lets get our pictures done because we are BFF"s and room mates....yay we can hang a picture of us on the wall....we are cool I know....Notice the bangs on Heather....they are almost gone, she is smart. Heather is the black haired one in the back, best friends since age 10..Carley our dear friend is the other sweet thang in this picture...Do you remember turning on ace of base and singing and dancing while getting ready for those Young adult dances..oh those were the days..And when you look this good who could resist you???
I am going to load some ace and base to relive those moments.....So there you have it...The bangs through the years....I hope your travels were as fulfilling as mine. Next posting will be about bad grammar through the years....Although there will be one line to write....I talked in computer class instead of listening there for I never learned to type well. And all who know me know I just don't care to take the time to check and fix it....a problem of mine again that I am not trying to fix....One person once told me that it was ok cause all the cool people talked instead of learning....so I am sticking with that...I liked his explanation way better.....Just look at those bangs, you can tell I was super cool once..... ;)

Heather is getting a mention in this post since she too was part of the "lets get our pictures done because we are BFF"s and room mates....yay we can hang a picture of us on the wall....we are cool I know....Notice the bangs on Heather....they are almost gone, she is smart. Heather is the black haired one in the back, best friends since age 10..Carley our dear friend is the other sweet thang in this picture...Do you remember turning on ace of base and singing and dancing while getting ready for those Young adult dances..oh those were the days..And when you look this good who could resist you???
I am going to load some ace and base to relive those moments.....So there you have it...The bangs through the years....I hope your travels were as fulfilling as mine. Next posting will be about bad grammar through the years....Although there will be one line to write....I talked in computer class instead of listening there for I never learned to type well. And all who know me know I just don't care to take the time to check and fix it....a problem of mine again that I am not trying to fix....One person once told me that it was ok cause all the cool people talked instead of learning....so I am sticking with that...I liked his explanation way better.....Just look at those bangs, you can tell I was super cool once..... ;)
11 comments:
ohmygoodness!
I can't even get over that first picture. Hutterite hair has NOTHING on triangle head!! LOLOLOL!!!!
You are a good secure person to post those pictures.
BUT I will admit.. back in the day you probably still had the hair that rocked ALL THE TIME just like you do now.
Job well done my friend!!
I am almost peeing my pants right now at your commentary on yourself!!
I was always amazed at your talent to style your bangs so that they seemed to defy gravity ;)
Truly, I remember sitting in sunday school and looking at your bangs and thinking "HOW does she get them to stay like that?!?" Jealousy never got me anywhere though!
I think with the turkey tail you showed me your secret was to blow dry them upward and spray your bangs at the same time. NICE!
Thanks for the laugh!!
Wowsas turkey tail eh! Well you sure rocked it! I say that because I do believe I was in grade 5 when I tried to master that look for school pictures, I did not rock it quite as sweet as you! Well done!
You so posted those before I could get my hands on them cuz we all know you would be nicer to you then I would. But now you took my payback away. I will have to think of another one. One day, it will come. We won't know when but oh it will...my sista!!
My fav is the one in college, the one where you look even younger than you do in grade 11. Are you wearing leggings with that lumberjack shirt? Haha!!
Yes you were the master at getting those bangs to hights unimaginable to others! I remember trying to get my bangs to look like yours.
You are hot and plus look at your hair now! If I had to go through years like that to have hair like you now, I would make the sacrafice!
you are hilarious! seriously funny. i have some REALLY good looks through school too. yikes. what were we thinking?
ps, i LOVE the new picture! so cute. i can't believe your kids are THAT old. it explains the hair do's!
That profile Pic was taken Halloween 2007!! So they are older now.... ;)
I'm not so concerned about the bangs as I am the baggy hooded flannel shirt... Ok, that's a lie, the bangs are pretty. If you follow the saying, "the higher the more rightoues" you must have been a saint.
I messed up.
I didn't mean your bangs are pretty. I meant to say your bangs are pretty bad too. And I don't mean bad as in awesome.
Just thought I needed to make that clarification.
Post a Comment