About six weeks ago I decided that I was going to go look for a job, my kids are getting older and I am new to town and I do not know many people around here, so sitting in my house has become very very boring. I had the brilliant idea that I would go get an evening job, get me out my house, socialising, meeting people right?? good idea right?? make some extra cash...all good ideas....
Well I have found I have a few problems with my great idea.
#1 the only place that is open after 6pm here in this large town of 3800 people is Walmart or Sobeys...so there was my choices and since I was not going to work unless Mitch could be home with the kids my options were limited. I don't care if my kids are all in school, I still like to be home during the day if they need me or are sick and I can be here...So evening it is and Walmart was the lucky winner of my application.
So here I said it...I work at Walmart...and no I don't have to do the cheer...I do however have to wear the sexy blue vest, and 10% dicount which is my favorite part.. ...SO does my idea sound wonderful so far??
Things are good, I do get out, I do talk to adults, I have met people and the girls I work with are great....But they are working me a bit more then I had in mind. I work 4 hour shifts during the week which is nice but the weekends are another story....8 hour shifts every Saturday and Sunday...how am I suppose to get things done that way??
So here is my biggest problem...working sucks...my house suffers. I cleans all day..then have dinner and go to work and leave my husband and 5 children responsible to get it to where I had it....guess what...NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. Don't get me wrong the fam does great....But my husband is a man and the kids are under the age of 12....so it turns out that I spend the next morning recovering from the night before...And Saturdays and Sundays are a complete right off...I spend all day Monday recovering my house I call the bomb shell back to its natural form....
But as my husband says....I chose this so I can can't complain and I have to stick it out...Not sure for how long I will stick it out, I don't want to be the looser employee who quits 2 weeks later but I can't do this forever...My kids need me, even Colton said to me.."mom you said you would not work that much and you are working tooo much" and my little Macey says..."moms don't work, only dad's" Poor kids, this is what happens when you stay home their whole life. Don't mke..that is "get" I am going to leave my speling mistake there so you all can see how bad my typing is sometimes..I mean seriously, how did I ger "mke" out of "get "?? that is just embarassing...anyway getting back on track....don't get me wrong I have huge respect for working mom's I don't know how they do it..maybe if I had a actual career I may think differently about work but since my certificate was in early childhood development I can't really use that unless I am willing to work school hours in a preschool. Which I may do at some point but I feel my kids are still too young for me to be doing that.
Anyway, I was going to post a picture of my in all my blue vest glory but I decided against that...it could come back to haunt me one day. But I did post pictures of my before and after pictures of my house when I am home......as compared to when I am not. This folks is why when you think you have a good idea...just ignore it.
This is a picture of Macey and Halle's room while mom is home....This picture is when mom is gone.....
Laundry room while I am home...that load on the freezer I am in the middle of folding...it was my last load for the day. Don't you hate how my washer and dryer have to sit..not sure who figured out that set up but it drives me crazy, bad enoug that my washer and dryer are not in the right order...but that my washing machine is not sitting nicely beside the dryer where it belongs!! Mitch is suppose to get me longer hoses to fix the problem so that my feng shui does not go all hay wire everytime I walk into my laundry room....I told him to just buy new machines, he laughed but I was not kidding.
This is what happens to the laundry when I am gone for 2 days working 8 hour shifts....it's a monstrosity I know...
This is the before of my bedroom...When I am home...
This is what I came home to yesterday ....
Note the absence of female clothing on the floor. The pink shirt is not actually pink...That is red.
The play room...when mom is home.
The family room...when I am home...I know how much do you love the retro couch?? That couch belonged to Mitchs Grandma when his mom was still living at home!!! we love it.
This is what happens when I am not at home to speak calmly to kids NOT to drink downstairs and clean up their mess...if you look closely you can see between the couch and chair a nice little spill spot..it was chocolate milk in case you were wondering..I got to clean it....awesome.
Play room...in it's defence, it looks like this often just not at the end of the day or in the morning...but I make sure it gets cleaned up before bed...But not when I get home at 10:30pm....
This is my kitchen before the tornado hits.
other view....please take note to the pineapple/pot's of flowers boarder that is there...adds a nice beachy /grandma feeling to the room doesn't it??
I should have taken a close up..it's lovely. One day when I get a new kitchen It will be gone, I should go look to see if I can find it again, I hate to loose such a treasure.
This is after....Note the garbage can in middle of the kitchen...always a good place for the garbage to be, not sure why I didn't think of that.
Other view....There is that garbage again...I like it.
The living room before....Please no comments at the pathetic attempt at putting a picture on my wall...I know it's too small but I needed a place to put it. I have since moved it to a smaller wall and now I have to figure out what to put on that wall....I need to paint it first. I am decorating challenged just so you all know.
This is the living room I came home to last night....Love the random cups laying on the floor...at least there was not chocolate milk or grape juice stains to be found...It was my lucky day....Oh wait...I found them down stairs, never mind.
Anyway, that is it...hope you liked my tour, I did take pictures of the crazy bathroom after a Sunday morning but I guess I never posted them and since I don't know how to move or delete my photo's after posting them and they take forever to load anyway I will just leave you with that...
I have to make mention though that Bailey, my trusty Bailey had a spotless room, you can always count on her to get the job done...she is always organising her room, every morning I get mad at her and tell her to stop cleaning her room and get ready for school...sadly I have created this....I realise there is no one to blame but me, but really can't complain about a child who makes her bed everyday even on Saturday??? Who does that?? Oh ya...me, but I don't on Sunday..Sundays are made for 5 kids and mom and dad laying in my bed and watching some t.v and falling asleep..I love Sundays, well I loved them when I was not working them....Also, in Mitch's defence my Living room and Kitchen usually look a bit better then that...Mitch just had company yesterday so it went to the birds...but all the other rooms they take the hit.
Lesson learned....Next time I think it would be fun to casually work...I will ignore my thoughts...its just easier that way.
12 comments:
i wish you were home at my house everyday... clean is goooooooood, clean makes people happy! well except for men, but let's not rehash what you already said.
sadly i really wanted to see a pic of you in your blue vest. i will not let it come back to haunt you!!!
seriously...email me a copy of you in the blue...that would be awesome! my house is never that clean whether i am home, gone or gone AWOL. Would I like it that clean...sure, is it in the least bit remotely practical NEVER in this life time. Oh well, maybe one day you will get off your duff and come clean my house.
Catherine
oh Jana! You are one brave woman to venture out and get a job, like hello is 5 kids not a job enough for you? If it makes you feel better, my washer and dryer is backwards as well as my sink (IT DRIVES ME NUTS) but thats what you get when a man installs it, and then says deal with it. I also have a matching arm chair to your porno collection! Good Luck! Maybe you need to do a loonie chore list?
Jana - that's what you get for being an over-achiever really good cleaner-person (technical term I know). I too wish that my house looked as good as yours on a good day. Maybe I could send you some pics to make you feel better?
You are super-star Mom! It is hard to work at home and out of the home. Good for you for hanging in there - although I have to say that 10% discount is a lovely thing.
My condolances that you don't get to do a cheer...
You know, I would tell you to come over here and share the cleaning wealth with your very sore, cranky, a tad lazy these days, very pregnant sister but I won't. I guess it's ok since you do work 2 jobs and have 5 kids. I guess you have a good excuse. I also will spare you my mocking of your photo hanging since I already did that and your sexy velvet downstairs cuz I'm pretty sure I did that already too. You can have my washer and dryer. I hate them. Well mostly my washer, It's ticking me off. I don't know if they went missing, if I would get new ones though. I think James would catch on really quick. But maybe after hand washing his own skid marks for a while will change his mind??
you dont have to stick nothin' out and you definitely can quit 2 weeks into it :o)
Super Woman, that is what you are!
I love the velvet couches.
Can I just tell you that your "bad" pictures aren't even that bad! Really, I am impressed, I expected a bigger mess from 6 people home without mom. Mine gets pretty bad after the weekend with 2 people home without mom.
I should have taken pictures of the kitchen floor...I was sticking to them they get soo bad!!
hmmmm-our houses are identical - except mine always looks like your "after" version! when u comin' for a little visit?
Your house on a tornado day is cleaner than mine on a good day!
Hey, I don't work and my house looks like that. Does it make you feel any better???
And I have a feeling you look good in blue :)
My house looks more like the after pics most days too! Congrats on the job but don't feel bad if you have to tell them it's not working out. You gotta do what's right for you. I'm all for a blue vest pic.
Post a Comment