Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The simple things

There are few products in the world that I have been loyal to through out my life..I usually find new and better things and move on to, like perfumes, or laundry soap, which I choose by smell not by how well I think it works, awesome I know. Anyway, I usually find something that I like better eventually and move on to that till another new fun something comes along.
I am going to tell you a little story, when I was 16 I came across this wonderful new mascara. I have a friend who we have been tight since we were 4 and we spend many days at each others houses. One day she was putting on her makeup and since we shared a love for specific mascaras I wanted to try her new "amazing" mascara.....I was hooked!! And I have not looked back since, I have tried new ones but I always go back to old trusty, I have a love affair with it..this being Max Factors calorie 2000. I LOVE it.




1 problem...A few years ago Max Factor decided to pull out of Canada and so they no longer sell it here, very frustrating...I decided I should just find a new kind that I like, but guess what...Not any have stacked up to the goodness that is my calorie 2000. So I have figured out a system I call it ...Marin...She gets the instructions of buying at least 3 or 4 at a time when she comes so that I am properly stocked.

2nd problem...like my hair needing a cut and dye job, I need a replenishment of my max factory stash....I am on my last one and my sister is no where to be found....except in Philly...which in my opinion is not where she should be, she does me no good being in Philly. She is my hair dresser and since she is free she is hard to replace...But she knows what I like and how I like it so in my mind she is the best, I have yet to find someone who can do it as good as her, not that I have not found good people because I have, just Marin Well, she does not cost me $125.00 a head and she can complain about having to comb through my hair and I know she still loves me, the others I don't think share her love....I think they secretly swear at me in their heads while combing it.


My deepest wish besides world peace and all my family and friends dreams to come true and all sorrow in the world to be gone is for max factor to come back to Canada, preferably to Wally World since it is cheapest there and let's face it, I like cheap, its just a little piece of heaven for me, a simple pleasure I enjoy..That and tresemme mousse...don't leave home without it, seriously the best mousse I have ever used, even better then some of the salon products I have used.. Anyway getting off the topic at hand here.





This is my happy I have calorie 2000 stashed safely away in my bathroom cupboard smile...This picture is A little creepy I think, but I thought the lighting turned out rather strange so I thought I would post it....

Here is me and max factor living in perfect harmony, just like it was meant to be..... I was born to wear it.




P.s...You gotta love it when you are looking through pictures and you find this...This is what happens when your husband has the camera and he is suppose to be taking family Christmas dinner pictures...**sighs***


Anyway that's all for now...Just wanted to release the love inside me I feel for my mascara that is not available to me and the random boob picture for your entertainment.


Jana...out.

14 comments:

Alison said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Jana!? Boob shot? On your blog?? There's no one like you gf ;) and I TOTALLY miss that mascara!! although I have found a pretty good replacement by covergirl - volume exact. It'll change your life :)

Francis Family said...

You are hilarious!! If I had a penny for every picture I have of my behind on our camera from Dustin taking a picture, i'd be rich! I never used that mascara and now that you mention that they aren't in Canada your right, I rememeber them being at walmart when I worked there about 6 years ago. Weird. Anyways, I also have one I keep going back to that you might want to try. It's Maybelline Full n soft, if not I love the Covergirl lash blast-volume (the orange one) Those are my two picks and like you, I have tried almost every mascara out there!
I liked this post, but it's cuz I like cheap/free as well, especially with hair! AND I love makeup and have tried A LOT. good luck!

Dave, Laura, Maggie and Chloe said...

you are so funny....let me know if I need to smuggle some up next time we make the trip Northward. It probably won't be until the summer.

Laura said...

Loved to boob picture. I am obviously not as well endowed as you (I just weaned Declan and am down to my measly almost A size again!), so Rob is guilty of butt photography instead.
Also I don't think Rob has mentioned this to anyone but we are probably coming up for a couple weeks in August-you can count on me for some mascara for sure (maybe I can even score some for free).

The Blandon's said...

Release the love inside of you! Oh you released it! Thanks for the boob shot!
I know you love me and it's hard to be loved from so far away... sigh...
Really though, I hope we can come and visit soon but even better - you coming here... Then you could stock up for the year for yourself.

henline crew said...

my day was not complete until I saw your boobs. Thanks.

Erica said...

Is it sick and twisted that I'm a bit jealous of your boob shot as I am definately NOT well endowed? LOL. I choose things by scent too and it usually depends on my mood.

Janas Bananas said...

It's not sick and twisted, I lust after girl parts all the time, I look at lips, I lust after lusious lips and hot bodies...And if you saw me naked trust me your dreams of my boobs will die, I promise. And anyone willing to smuggle me some mascara is good in my books..Take note, I like "black black straight brush" non of this curly brush nonsence...or brown black crap! ;) I love you all!

Life Is Golden said...

Hys.ter.i.cal.
One day the border will allow us to come home for a visit... and when that day comes I'll bring you some of that mascara (if you want and need it), I'll even cut your hair for you... (not sure if you'd want me to, I once cut Josh's hair because he made me and then he cried (yup real tears) because I did such a hack job)
Thanks for the chuckles!

Kathy T. said...

Bananas you kill me!

It's funny but I feel like little things like our special brand of "whatever" really does bring us balance.

Don't upset the balance people!

Tanya said...

you are pretty much hilarious. i loved this post.

you come to oregon and visit me... and you'll have "a box all nicely wrapped waiting for you to take all your new treasures home."

Lorissa said...

Oh Jana! I do have to say that my trusty mascara is Lancome some hypo or hypno something. I LOVE IT. You are rude though posting that shot of your eyelashes, those are not fair, super mascara or not. Like seriously, mine are quite similar to those blunt short straight lashes you may find on a horse. I was not blessed.

Stephanie said...

boasting about your boobs is kinda harsh.. (this is coming from you WAIF friend without boobs, ya thanks)
and i can see how marin IS that hard to replace ;) darn it!

StephieMae said...

I have a treat for you over at my blog! Love you Janners!