O.k, so I am officially a slacker, not much I can do about it....I have many blogs in my head yet I lack the motivation to site down and do them. I hate to type..I know shocker, bet you all can't see that seeing how my grammar and spelling are top notch. But right now this is not going to be the focus...right now the focus is going to be on my cleavage.. So here is how the story goes.
About a month ago now my worst fears came true, I was doing my daughters hair for school and I noticed a bunch of white things in her hair...Thinking to myself that I should go and find the dry patch she must have on her head so that I could get some stuff on it...While in my search I found a little bug, thinking I have found bugs in my kids hair before but I do not recognise this bug...Then I searched a little more and it didn't take long before another one was found. At this point I called my other daughter over and started to go through her hair as well...yep you guessed it...a bug or 2 or 10. ARRGGGHHHHHH LICE!!!! Are you serious!!!??? I then googled the images of them and yep, there they were...My heart sank and a little black cloud started to make its way right above my head. I checked every ones head after that just to find out that 8 out if 12 of us all had lice, including me!
I then went to the pharmacy to get shampoo, came home and shampooed..then started to pick. I went outside and sat them one by one on the porch just to find the bugs did not die!! SO I then went and decided that I was not messing around, I had a friend who fought it and she used Vaseline so I took out that bottle and started to gob and gob all our hair with Vaseline then put shower caps on our heads till the next day. In the morning they were dead..tiny tiny ones I would never have seen....So glad I used the Vaseline. I then googled all the home remedies I could find and did all that I could do.
So that morning we washed and washed the Vaseline out then put peanut butter in our hair for few hours and then washed that out, it was suppose to help take the Vaseline out..which it did. The I took the kids out and picked and picked one by one...Now for those of you who know my hair and my children's hair...this was a nightmare we have more hair in just my little family to start our own wig shop!! Baileys hair which is thicker then thick alone took 3 hours to pick through the first day...then 2 every day after that. I picked from 8:30 am till 6pm outside, non stop for 5 days. then after supper Dina would pick through my hair.
My girls were sooo up set about the whole thing so I would try soo hard to make them laugh and find humor in the situation, I would tell them that they are just bugs and we will get them gone and we just have to so our best, work hard, and try to make our minds strong so we don't cry. That we will get through it and its not big deal so not to worry. It worked, but at night when the kids went to bed, the black cloud would hang over my head, I hated that feeling. I am pretty sure I have never felt like that before in my life and it was awful!!! I felt like I had no control and that it was never going to go away and we would never be normal again.
All this while Mitch was in Europe, for the record things like this always happen when he is gone so I get to deal with it on my own.
But I did it, I was a machine, I had to get it gone!! So I did not stop till Ihad it gone...SO for a week, I was washing, freezing, boiling, bagging all the stuffies, vacuuming 3 times a day..washing bedding, pillows, vacuuming mattresses, washing towels after every use, picking, changing clothes 4 times a day. I then confined all the kids to one bed so when they woke up I could rip off the bedding and vacuum one mattress. Every night after I picked hair I would take a straightener to it because frankly those things are hot and I could burn those little eggs, I then gooped hair with gel and shaving cream pulled it up and that was that for the day...Just to start again tomorrow. It was the craziest 2 weeks of my life and I hope I never have to do that again!!! IT was horrid, and I am the type of person who when there is something to get done, just do it, do what you got to do and get it done no matter what...SO I went and went for a week straight...I think I drove Dina a little crazy..My OCD took over a little, but I think it was helpful in this situation...My friend who's daughter had lice too, fought hers for 2 months..I was not going to play that game!! SO after the 7 days I went and got some Mayo, which a few had told me that it worked..so day 7,8,9,10 we gobbed our heads and put bags on them and went to bed....It was the barfiest thing I have ever done and was pretty much gagging the whole time..IF I ever smell Mayo again I just may puke. But after day 14 I went to the pharmacy and asked for shampoo that actually worked, and I got some and did a final shampoo on everyone...total lice shampoo cost..$150.00.
Anyway, its over now and thank goodness....so here are some pictures of what we call "the dark lice days" enjoy the album.
This was me trying to make the situation funny for my girls...and give my husband a little somthin somthin when I sent him the picks when he was in Europe for 3 weeks with out me..but not really on purpose, he just lucked out it all....So you get a little "peak" (no pun intended) at the girls....If you look closely you can see madi and Dina in the back ground with their caps as well.
Me and Dina one night with mayo in our hair and laughing at the whole situation..
This is me telling her, her head really stinks..
hmmm....???
This is us washing the crap out of our hair....Caution, object(s) in picture may seem larger then they really appear ( mostly my bum) And as you can see our house work was a little neglected for a few days...I was outside picking hair...dishes came last people.
14 comments:
Those pictures make me want to gouge out my eye balls and erase my memory. Worst 2 weeks of my life!!!!!! But I love how you said "I". You did do alot, cuz you are seriously OCD woman, but I helped out lots too ya know. Give credit where credit is due....GOSH!!!!!
oh and it's gonna be "mom, remember when we were at Dina's and we had lice?" and I'm gonna get "hey Dina, rememeber when we had lice at your house??" Tea Tree Oil is my new BFF
I think its so funny how your last blog was a fairy tale and this one is a nightmare. Genius ;)
I feel bad for you. I check my kids hair now often just because of your horrid horrid times. Way to be strong and endure to the end, I know you will be blessed for touching thousand of lice!!!
Wow, i'll just say...That sucks!! I hope we NEVER get that, I never realized what a nightmare lice can be! You guys are awesome and also a little crazy. Love the shots for Mitch, I laughed pretty good at you. You guys are so funny and i'm glad you got that over with! I definately will call you when I have this problem...IF I ever have this problem!!
Reading your experience makes my head feel itchy! I had that experience twice with my girls, but we only had nits, not the full grown crawling critters. The first time there was an outbreak at their school, so we were lucky they were checking all the kids everyday. I know what you mean about paranoia after. That's how I found the eggs the second time. You poor girls! Glad you lived to tell!
My head is itching too!!! Not fun but glad they are GONE!!
You are a machine!!! I love the cleaves and all the hotness in the pics!!!
p.s I am having Mike check me for lice right now. My head is a little itchy from reading that!
This makes me sick to my stomach! How horrible - I'm so sorry!
THAT STINKS! You are such a trooper - I would have just shaved everyone's hair off! Bless your heart, you are such a good mom! I have fears that one day we'll have lice visit our house (shudder). Seriously woman, there is a bucketful of blessings just waiting to be poured down on you - I can feel it - You amaze me!
wow. yikes. holy cow. oh my gosh. what other words can i use?? yuck! so glad you made it through! the pictures are HILARIOUS!
Oh my GOSH! I am so sorry you had to go through that! That would be the ultimate nightmare! Wow, you are a trooper!
holy crap! this story makes me want to cry. i can't even believe it! i am so sorry but happy you got it taken care of.
I don't know if I could have survived all that! Very impressive on your part and lucky to have Dina there to help out... although I guess that added an extra head or two to clean... ;o)
By the way, I'm shipping you to the U.S. if I ever have to deal with a situation like that!
Post a Comment