Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A fairy tale of 2 sisters....


Well it has been awhile since I blogged, I guess busy summer. I have not done too much but have been here and there with family and friends... Kids started school yesterday and I only cried a little, it was heart breaking to send them on their way. Halle who is usually my independent one grabbed onto my shirt for dear life as I took her into her class room, it was sooo sweet. I am pretty sure all these moments are always harder on the mom then they are on the children but they are making friends slowly but surely.

The kids went out to ride bikes yesterday...I went out to check on them and this is what I found..This is Macey in a Buzz light year costume, she had just biffed it and so I didn't catch her on her bike....

Brett and Jared..or Caterpillar and batman! seriously sooo cute.
Anyway, to get to the point at hand...Steph and I used to talk about how wonderful it would be if woman lived together, how much we would get done. Well My sister an I have put the theory to test this summer and here are the results...Keep in mind, I am pretty anal about my house and kinda a clean freak.. but just a little.....we started out good, got stuff done, but pretty soon sitting and talking and enjoying the weather got in the way..we soon found ourselves talking more then doing...I took a picture to give you a good idea of our day, we do laundry for 12 people right now...we started 2 days ago...baskets still on the floor.

here is a picture of the livingroom of the house.....Now in our defence its not everyday, we just are not on top of things like we should be....it does get clean eventually... ;)

So the theory has failed...Having men around is way more productive, they aren't there most the day so we get things done...... Sisters just make me lazy.....

8 comments:

henline crew said...

It's too bad the video didn't work. You make me lazy too. If Marin was here, we would be worse but really, it would be waaaaaaaaaaaaay funner!!!!

Brenda said...

Your kids won't make many friends if they are surly :)

Janas Bananas said...

Thanx Brenda...totally fixed it!! ;)

Alison said...

Oh my word! 12 people worth of laundry kinda makes me want to sit on the couch all day too. Heck, I already do with just 3! And all those baskets remind me of the Anderson living room in Taber :) Good times.

Stephanie said...

the key word is "sisters"... if it were me we would be hard core supa clean sister wives ;)

The Blandon's said...

When is it my turn for you to make ME lazy? Come on! I am jealous - yes even of the full baskets of laundry!

The Blandon's said...

Oh and the costumes - super cute! I love that picture of Macey! She is so gorgeous!

Janas Bananas said...

Marin, don't worry your turn is coming. Seems to me that I will need to live with all my family memebers before I get a house. So just be patient.. ;)