This past 10 weeks have flown by, 10 weeks of putting off the inevitable....But its here and I must face it head on! I have to say this had been the hardest move I have ever had to make and as each day goes by I get sadder and sadder as the reality of it gets closer and closer. Now that my house is packed up and empty and not feeling like a house at all I walk around it looking it over having thoughts of how I will miss it. When we first moved out to Rocky 2 years ago I was not in love with my new pad, Mitch had found it for us and I had not seen it before I got there. Mitch was living in Rocky Mountain for 2 months before I got here and it was during the big house price boom, So there were very few houses for sale and they were prices ridiculously high, so after about 2 months of living apart we found this one and took it just so we could at least be together and get on with things.
I was less then impressed when I walked in it, knowing full well that is was only temporary and we would move as soon as possible. Well we never did, we just stayed since the housing prices are crazy and we found nothing we wanted to pay for....we just stayed in our humble little house. It eventually grew on me and now I am finding myself sad to leave it behind. We have had many life changes in this house, we learned to live on our own for the first time and created our very own life out here....A life I absolutely have grown to love! I will miss it...I will miss walking out my door and seeing green grass and green trees all around me, smelling the smell of camping in the mountains all around me, the crazy loud thunder storms, the rain, and most important..no wind!! ....and the lakes and of course the many friends we have made out here. I am just sad...and I am OK with that.
I know things will be fine, I know I will make new friends, I know I will create a new life for us......But I will still miss this life and I really am not interested in making a new one when I find nothing wrong with this one...But life is what it is and the big man upstairs has a different agenda for us, so I must go. I am thankful for the things I have had to opportunity to be a part of out here and to meet the people I have met... My ward is amazing, its a small ward and I have never met more humble, kind, loving, helpful, serving people in all my life. Everyone is here to help, to love and to appreciate the church and live it with soo much conviction. I am soo glad I got to be a part of that and to know that there are people out there who love the church and live it like it is something to cling to and cherish to appreciate and to never take for granted....the adults and the youth all of them are here for the same cause and treat everyone like family.
I will always love it here....
Anyway, That is that, my life needs to move on and so I go, excited to see what is in store for us, to meet new people and watch Mitch blossom even more. And hopefully find a place to live so my time in my sisters basement is short lived....Love you Dina, but seriously...my sisters basement??? she will kill us all soon if we aren't gone..Those Ball kids are a tad bit wild.... ;)
Anyway, one of the things we liked to do as a family here was the fish pond..it is a little pond here that is made for kids and we loved to take the kids and go for a evening or afternoon. Our last trip I noticed something different...I sat on our log and watched Mitch help the kids get their rods ready...When he was done they took their rods and went on their way. I sat there and watched them spread out and find a place to fish and they all started fishing....I sat, and heard nothing, not a "mom I need help" not a "mom, Macey is running off" not a "mom I can't do this" not a "mom don't leave me" They were all on their own, not needing me or Mitch. Just another realisation that my kids are growing up...getting older and independent. I love it....sad a little to see them grow but love this stage. I got to sit with Mitch and chat and relax and enjoy watching them enjoy themselves without worrying if one will fall in the water or run off somewhere in the trees and get hurt...I didn't need to follow any of them for their safety. IT was great....SO there I was, peacefully sitting with Mitch, watching my children...I will miss this pond. Here is a few pictures of our last trip. Funny thing is I took these pictures to capture this moment so I could blog about it......sad but true.
Anyway farewell Rocky, it was a good ride.........
Here is my little house....cute and functioning...and the greatest location possible!

Here is the fish pond....you can see the log that we sit on just down to the left there...left of the bench. I carved "M.B +J.B forever " in the log.....very romantic.




10 comments:
I loved your post...change is so hard, but you guys will do great where ever you are. You are such a fun person to be around, you'll be making new friends and memories in no time. Good luck with the move!
Crap Jana, this almost made me cry and I haven't lived there or where you going to live. What the heck?? I'm so proud of you for doing what you are doing. All of it. Moving when it sucks, supporting your great guy, being a great mom, and of course being a lovable forgiving friend. Life is so much better with you in it. Love you :)
This was a great post. We are in the middle of getting ready to move out of are little house too. We are putting it up for sale in a couple of weeks. I actually didn't think I would get sad about leaving it, but it was are first house and it grew on me too. Good luck with your move. And we look forward to hearing about your new adventures. I love that little fishing pond, it looks like so much fun.
So sad and so hard. I think it is going to be an adjustment for me too. I loved that you lived there. I love coming to visit. I loved Rocky! Oh well, better things are to come. I know it!
I miss that pond too...and I've never seen it in real life. You have great faith. You remind me so much of my mom in so many ways. Way to roll with punches. Keep us posted on your new adventures!
oh that fish pond... wasn't there a couple more pics of it you are missing? of you and mitch? hmmm probably not ;)
Just think of the treaures that lie ahead!! So many new experiences to add to your list in life.
Leaving Roche does stink just a little... so savor your last few days my friend!!!
good luck in all your new adventures. i hate moving i cry myself to sleep every time we move into a new place.
that was sad. I will miss Rocky as well, no where to visit. I just realized that when I leave tomorrow, that is it, I will not be coming back here. I think I'm gonna cry. But at least we will be close when you move, really close at first. Look at it this way, now we have a fun visiting spot and we can remienice about the good times here. I love Rocky.
Ahh Jana, just think your that much closer to Steph and Dina! Sorry that you loved having NO wind then moving to the windiest place in Alberta :(
But good news, my girlfriend swears that "Stella's" is the best place ever to eat on a date in Pincher. She LOVES it there and says its the best homecooked dine in food eva (be warned she is a little off her rocker, but can cook like a mother!) Plus prime camping spots, close to castle mountain (barf like I ski, but maybe you do?) There is an A&W. Super cute cafe with handmade pottery too!
Happy moving!
shirtless kids is definietly a johnson thing. Trying to keep a shirt on Dominic can be torture sometimes! How is your move going? I had forgotten how much time and energy goes into it all. hope all is well with you guys.
Post a Comment