Thursday, February 5, 2009

What a sight for sore eyes.

I am hoping this blog will be short and sweet....So last Saturday I was walking in the arena parking lot, walking to go work at the concession there....As I was walking through some cars my nose got itchy, so I lifted up my arm turned my head to the side so I could scratch my nose on my arm. Anyway the next thing I knew I was down! Now let me tell you it hurt! So I got up and to avoid looking like I hurt myself I walked off like everything was fine..no big deal...its all good..I am cool. I was soooo embarrassed, not sure if anyone saw me but I am hoping they didn't, my face was a little red I am sure. As I was walking into the arena I could feel the skin on my for head tightening, and I was thinking this hurts but don't cry! So I lifted up my hand to touch and it and could feel a little bump. In my head I was picturing a red mark and a slight bump. Well When I got inside, I said to the girls.."sorry I am a bit late guys, but don't mind me I was just unconscious in the parking lot" they all turned and looked and me and all yelled...."what did you do to your head"?????? So I looked at them all and said I would be right back.
I went to the washroom and looked in the mirror and I see this big purple and blue goose egg on my head with a bit of scraped skin...It look bad!! I was shocked, I did not think it was that bad when I hit it. So I decided I would stay in the back so to avoid the stares, although it didn't work and the questions came all day...Ya I am a retard I like to walk into the side mirrors of really big trucks. So you can imagine the guys that work there razzing me alll day!! I told them all that I was going to go home and tell MItch how mean they were to me and he was going to fire them all to save my honor(he is their boss)...He is a good man. Except he didn't fire them, instead he laughed at me and said "that was smart, I would mock you too" He is good to me I know.
Anyway, I thought I was fine and then around 8pm I started to feel dizzy and light headed, so I went home and went to bed. I found myself not being able to sleep and pretty much wide awake. SO the next morning I woke up and I was feeling sick and dizzy so I stayed home from church....Which really was a tragedy since I got 3 and half full hours of a quiet house...it would have been more bliss if I could have got myself up to clean and enjoy the emptiness but I didn't. I laid in bed till about 4 pm before I started to feel better. Who knew a knock on the head would give a concussion. So there you have it....I walked into a truck, and gave myself a concussion....First one ever I think, and I don't even have a good cause for it..just a embarrassing one when everyone asks me what I did to my head....Maybe I should stick to I was doing some Karate or Mitch beats me ( he really dosent' he only attacks me with pure love)........I am surprised everyone does not ask what death defying act I did to get such a bang on the head......So there you have it....me in all my brilliance.....He are some pics. Now they aren't very good you can't see the bruise all around it and the bump is gone but you get the gist....I also added a nice pic of Coltons black eye he got the same day from one of our elders throwing a baseball at his eye.....Its Coltons second black eye in a month, he got the first one sledding...I am sure his teachers are wondering if they should call social services Right about now.



This is me pretty much almost dead....It could have happend you know, then everyone would have been sorry and there really would have been no laughing then!
MItch calls this the harry potter scar......He is funny, try to contain the pain full side splitting you have from your hard core laughter at his clever comments.... Its a good thing he is cute..ish...hehehe, I am just kidding he is full on cute!


We are a sight that's for sure! Maybe I really can blame it on domestic abuse???? What do you think???




10 comments:

Stephanie said...

That was the funniest story I have heard in a long time. I am proud to call you my bff...I think.
And I love that you took pictures even though it is QUITE embarrassing that you walked into a truck mirror and got a concussion.
Thanks for thinking of those of us who like "visual proof"!

Unknown said...

That's great Jana. Do you get any special powers with that "Harry Potter" scar?:)

Alison said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Laughing with you - not at you, of course :)

Anonymous said...

OH MAN! That is totally not cool! But hilarious! lol!!

And fancy your son thinking about you in all your pain and torment and stepping in front of a baseball just for you! He is too sweet. :P

henline crew said...

That really is funny...I would have mocked you too, just so you know.

The Blandon's said...

HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa, that's all.

Life Is Golden said...

You make purlpley/blue bruised scrapes look goooood!

Catherine said...

you make me pee

Tanya said...

that is too good! ha ha! i feel bad that you got hurt though...but the way you got hurt is too funny.

Ginnie said...

Your comment made me laugh. I loved it! I think I'm just going to copy and paste it every time I introduce myself as a blog stalker. ;)