Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas was in the air.

So I needed to get blogging my fan is getting irrited with me, and my stalker..you know who you are.....I was just busy with the holidays so I didn't get to the computer too much. Soooo

Christmas this year was WONDERFUL!! I would say one of the best yet. We decided not to go home this year and we were wondering if that was a good idea since we would have loved to be with our families, but after the day was here we were glad we stay because it turned out so great. On Christmas eve Mitch dressed up as Santa and went around to some houses and visited kids and gave out treats..Mitch LOVED doing that...HE is such a Christmas freak..Then we sat around and ate good stuff and did our nativity stuff and open the P.J's... went on to the Santa tracker and tracked Santa for a while, then sat down to watch some Christmas shows then put kids to bed. Mitch and I watched our annual its a wonderful life and sat and talked and enjoyed the lights of the tree before welcoming Santa so mom and dad could go to bed. Christmas day was so great, we had the best time. We just had a relaxing nowhere to go but sit at home together day and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am so busy these days with the day home and the concession and homework and my house that relaxing is a long lost word of mine...So having 2 weeks off was soooo wonderful. I loved not going anywhere or doing anything!!!!! The holidays went way to fast and I was not ready for the kids to go back to school this year. I just wanted to replay the holidays over and over again. Here are some pictures of Christmas...






Mitch in his Santa costume...Mommy was kissing Santa....OOOPpppsss


Traditional Christmas eve Jammie's



Honesty who are these rags and does their mother not brush their hair????


Waiting for dad to see if Santa came.....look at them sooo patient. We make our kids wait till 7 before they can go into the living room, so they have to wake us up and meet in our room before going to see what Santa brought, so all the kids decided to sleep in the same room together. So at 6:30 Mitch and I woke up to the kids down stairs talking and about 6:45 Mitch got up to use that bathroom and all of a sudden the kids went quiet and we hear. "Helloooo, Hellooooooo up there.....Anyone hear me...Hellllooooooo" I started to laugh and Mitch came out of the bathroom and told me to end their torture so I let them come up to our room and Mitch went to see if Santa came and turn on the tree lights and we went in at about 10 to 7....I was generous this year. I always loved us all meeting in my parents room Christmas morning with all the anticipation and we were all together to share that. So I carried on the tradition...Its so fun watching the kids almost ready to burst out of their skin!




The kids checking out the Stocking loot.




Ignore the bra less one in the pink...We are here to focus on the children.





The girls. I have them all sit and watch each other open their presents everyone takes a turn, youngest to oldest one present at a time. And the kids really sit so patiently, I am always proud of them, that's a hard thing to do but I feel it teaches them to appreciate other peoples gifts and get excited about giving and not to be selfish, since they all draw names with each other. But funny thing about this picture is, Bailey just reminded Halle she is next so she needs to open that present then make sure she lays it next to her and not play with it so she can then watch her open her gift, and Halle is saying "I know DUH" is a giggly high voice like she didn't already know that, then as you can see Bailey is looking in front of her because Coltons piped up and said.."Ya and I am next after you so make sure you follow your own advice".. Such a Kodak moment....



Colton Begged and Begged for this, he was saving up his money to buy it and he screamed when he opened it..and guess what......On Boxing day his dad took him to the store and he bought himself another one so he can have wars in the forest across the street with his friends....Every Mothers dream I know!










My wonderful pots and pans...again focus on the Rachel Ray and be jealous....Ignore the nursed 5 kids mom who is bra less. Not sure what happened to the puppys, they are there somewhere I promise. But MItch bought me some really nice pots and pans since I have never owned a good set mine have all been crap and few months ago I finally said..Its time, I need a good set. And let me tell you, they are worth every penny you spend!!!



Anyway..It was a good day. Then on boxing day my sisters came and we had a blast! my house was a bomb shell and I had 300 kids running around my little house and 500 mouths to feed but that what its all about. A million people crowded in a house enjoying each others company and eating all the baked goods so that the host has to make more because the grown men start to pout that there is nothing left... I love the holidays. I loved the week spent with my sisters, I cherish the moments I get with them, its to bad they can't last forever. I cried after they left, it was a sad day. My house was empty and quiet. But I did gut every room in the house, and after 6 hours of cleaning I recovered my house to its original state. I was then glad I had a few days of down time before school started and day home kids started back and the concession started up and scouts and achievement days and piano and basketball....All in the hope that each day we may just get to sit around the table and have dinner together that night! So It was nice to just have nothing to do for 2 weeks and relax with my husband and enjoy the few days we had before life starts again. Good to be back to a routine again.

Anyway thats all for now...I will be posting agian soon and more about the week after Christmas with the sisters and news years when I get the pictures to post.....Till next time my friends...I know its over but hope you all had a merry Christmas and have a wonderful new year!

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

As if you keep mentioning your boobs... just be thankful you have some when you wear a bra and don't look like that normally like "some people" gosh!
I LOVE that Mitch dresses up like Santa and goes to people's houses-he does rock even though he rearranges furniture!
My boys would be SO jealous if they saw that Colton got that gun.. I shall not show them!!
Looks like you had a tres good Merry Christmas and a late-night, good-chattin'-food-eatin'-husband-infested NEW YEAR!!!!!!

Alison said...

Didn't want your kids to go back to school, huh? My mom would be so proud of you!! And seriously - did you want us all to look at your boobs? Cause that's what everyone is gonna do now that you mentioned them a hundred times!! Classic Jana...

Francis Family said...

I hear ya on the boobs, I'm thinking one day after the kids I want to get a lift, not a boob job but just a lift to perk em up a bit so that when I don't wear a bra in the mornings they won't sag to my knees! lol anyways I LOVE the Rachel Ray set, we bought the frying pan and now we are gonna go buy the whole set. Dustin is more excited for them I think than I am! He wanted them for Christmas! lol We were supposed to buy them for Christmas but somewhere in all our chaos I didn't have time to shop for us, so we didn't care. A pampered chef lady told me to buy their set and I was like umm no $600 is not really in the budget and so I told her I was gonna buy the Rachel Ray set and she's like well you get what you pay for...hag! I love them and they are waaay nicer than what I have had so eat it!!! anyways thats my rambling for you....cya!!!

henline crew said...

Jana, your boobs might be saggy but at least they aren't lop-sided and saggy like some people I know!!!

Janas Bananas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Blandon's said...

Sounds like the perfect Christmas. It was our best Christmas yet. We had a ton-o-fun. New Years was a blast too!

DeAnna said...

Looks like you guys had fun! I still haven't convinced my hubby to dress up as Santa for my kids. I think next year, maybe he will. My mom bought me a nice Lagostina set of pots last Christmas or the Christmas before, it is so nice to have a good set of pots to cook with, I am however just a tad jealous of the Rachel Ray set, they are lot more stylish looking than just plain silver. Happy New Year!

Tanya said...

that really does sound like the perfect christmas. your children are as cute as can be! i can't even imagine having 5. you are an amazing woman. tell me this...i know that you get terribly sick when you are pregnant...how did you bring yourself to keep having them? also i think it is so wonderful that you love your sisters so much and have such a good time with them.

Anonymous said...

"Ignore the bra less one in the pink...We are here to focus on the children."

HAHA I love the kids pj's.
I wish you guys lived over here. I would hook you up with all sorts of kids clothes, working in a kids clothing store and all!