Friday, August 15, 2008

Sleep..I need sleep

O.k..It is 1:30 in the morning and here I sit awake...Why am I awake you ask, well I will tell you. I fell asleep tonight very tired and ready for bed, I wake up to this little girl slapping my face asking for her pillow. Now Macey has this little buzz light year spaceship pillow that is a MUST have at bed time. She is a thumb sucker and for some reason she likes the texture of things while she sucks her thumb, which is why I think she has latched on to this velvet kinda material pillow...Anyway, Macey never wakes up at night but she had to pee which requires Turning on the light. Now this light turning on process is not good for the sleeping children because it turns them into awake children. If Mitch was in bed I think I would have been able to get her back to sleep OK but that darn sport high lights ruin it every time!!! So Mitch took Macey to bed with him and fall back to sleep..well maybe 20 min later I wake up to .."mommy mommy I sleep in your bed now" ARGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH..........So out of my sleep I drifted, and I have not been able to get back there.....and guess who is sitting next to me watching tree house. I will give you 3 guesses and the first 3 don't count! So we will see how long my night ends up being.

SO since there is nothing to do at this time in the morning but dread the next day because I have 2 extra kids to watch tomorrow which requires alertness and energy. Something I am sure I will be lacking in by the afternoon, maybe I should go buy myself a nice big monster drink to keep me awake!~ Last time I bought a energy drink to keep me awake my body started shaking and I was up till 2 am after drinking it at 11:00am. It was kinda funny, I was like "what the heck is going on with my legs and arms"??? I obviously need to toxicate my body with more substances in order for me to be able to handle the basic jolt shot...

I went to the lake today with the kids, it was seriously the best lake ever. For those with little kids it is wonderful (those of you will 11 years olds, maybe not, Colton did not overly love it). I told Mitch when I got home Its going to be our new camping spot. The swimming area went out as far as a football Field, and at the very end where the line is in the water it was still only at my waist. My kids were out there running and playing the water and I had no worries, I got to sit and watch them play in the water. They also had this huge awesome park that we sat right next to and a great big sandy beach It was sooo relaxing, and for me that is great since I am paranoid about my kids dying or getting stolen all the time...I got to sit and watch them play. I guess it helps that I have older kids who get assigned the younger ones so I don't have to watch them as closely anymore as well. I love that. YOu wait so long for your kids to get to a age where they don't have to be watched 24/7 and it seems like forever...and then all of a sudden its here and I have to say I am looking forward to the day my youngest is 5 and is off on her own more too. One of the ladies I was with had a 2 year old that went missing and she was so calm, I was so impressed. If I loose a child I always go straight into panic mode, I don't do well with that. OF course she found her child and she was fine but I wish I could be as cool as that, keep calm till it becomes time to panic. I even hate leaving my kids, don't get me wrong I love going and being on my own or with Mitch and getting a break, but.....I am always worried if who ever has my kids is taking care of them the way I do. Maybe its a control issue, I don't know but its just the way it is. Colton is starting to babysit for us a bit, I am not fully confident in his maturity level for long periods of time or to leave town with him watching them, I hope in the next year that changes. He has a hard time taking charge the younger kids over power him, he is too passive. I think I need to sit down and teach my kids that when he is babysitting he is the boss, but who knows if that will work. I will say that Colton is good at loving the little ones and watching them with my assistance, but he has picked up on my paranoid behavior. He panics as well and can hardley handle it, he is on the kids like white on rice when we are out and about I Love it but at the same time I wish he would just go play for himself sometimes.....HE is a good boy when he isn't being a 11 year old...those preteens.......?????? they are a interesting bunch, can't wait till teenagers if 11 year olds are this outstanding.... I just can't imagine them being able to get any better then that!!!! But that is a whole other blog and since this one is getting long enough as it is, I will bring it to a end. Good night all.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Your blog reminds me of the peach bathroom set you bought! LOL!!!
And.. don't be such a martyr. Who needs sleep?

Anonymous said...

so i totally know where you are coming from. we lost shelby in toys r us once for over 30 min and the store assoc. were not very helpful. they just kept on doing thier thing. it was another customer who finally found her. I was so mad at the store i refuse to go back. in fact i am still toying with the idea of writing the company a not so nice letter. and also who really needs sleep? i think moms get so used to running on nothing. but i know what you mean, just this morning when hannah sleeps best (of course shelby is up) i hear music in her room and there is shelby thinking she is helping by turning on the baby's music for her AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

Catherine said...

you're inspiring

Unknown said...

so glad i found your blog! (didn't know you had one!) i'll try to read everything & catch up with everything when I get a minute.
love-cousin emily:)

The Blandon's said...

Well if you would ever update your blog then maybe I would write something!
Yes I do miss you and Dina both. :(