O.k I am slowly figuring this all out. I think I have my blog where it can be for now till I get in a mood to change it.
Its 10:30 at night and my older girls are still up because I said I would let them watch a movie. Funny story.....
I was getting groceries and I thought I would see what was in those 4.99$ bins for DVDs. I found this Mary Kate and Ashley movie called "the school dance" I thought.."Oh Bailey will like this one" Well to my delight when Bailey started watching it, after about 20 min was asking if all they did was sing dorky songs. I started to laugh and was pleased with my daughters wisdom on the cheesiness of those shows. She then started to mimic the songs and the dance moves the girls were doing, I laughed since she is obviously her mothers daughter. Then she says "if the songs were any good then I would watch it, but whats with the dorky songs and weird dances they do every 2 min" ???
Its nice to know that even an almost 9 year old can pick out what is quality watching and what isn't...Very proud moment for me. Brings back good memories with 7 brides for seven brothers....except my memory is different since that show rocks, and was well worth every song we sung and move busting we did to "goin courtin" and "bless your beautiful hide" while watching it.
There was no mocking going on during that movie, only moments of silence in pure love and respect for what is the best movie ever made. Which not to let you down and answer all your many questions to the millions who will undoubtedly ready my ever soo fascinating blog...Yes my children watch 7 brides, yes they too have embraced the Anderson tradition, its in their blood they can't escape the gene pool..
One day I too will be leaning against the wall watching my kids sing every word to every song and repeat every word that is spoken in that movie word for word...Or hear them discussing if they should suggest naming their child "hanna" then every one jumping in to add "hagar or Hepzibah" .....Just like me and my siblings did, those really are some good choice names thats for sure. They will let the world know of their incredible knowledge of this movie....Colton will prob keep his talent on the low down, I think he likes having friends.
You know I had this friend and her favorite part was the lamo "married in June" she would say "I am going to be a June bride" and she would make me rewind it over again..yes I said "rewind" this was in the day of VHS, they were all the rage then, don't be jealous.....Anyway I will tell you, she was not a June bride and she definitely did not kick her legs up and down while walking down the isle....I know that this is truth cause I was there I witnessed it...a disappointing moment for sure. 7 brides...good times......If any of you have not seen it I recommend it.
Well I better go my husband is calling for me, he does that sometimes..I think he may like me or something?? Either that or he just wants a hair cut??? ...........Peace out
4 comments:
maybe I should name my baby Hagar...or perhaps Hepzibah????? Personal they are both great and i cannot choose between them both. Maybe she'll just be Hagar Hepzibah Henline. Yeah that sounds good.
lol! Yay for Jana's new blog! :D
You are truly hilarious, love it!
Don't be a slacker like your BFF Steph and update once a month. It is not fair and certainly not appreciated. *wags a finger*
Looking forward to more!
That wasn't me, was it?
you know that you edited your blog, my comment isnt funny anymore.
Post a Comment